Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Have you ever wanted to do a triathlon?

There are a lot more challenges associated than I would have thought. There are also a lot more resources. I'm learning a lot as I try to take time off of my biking workouts. Increased resistance added four minutes onto my workout time today - so I clearly need to work on my hill-climbing skills.

Remember how when you were a kid and you only pedaled on the downstroke? That has to change. When riding a road bike or triathlon bike it is important to do something called full circle pedalling and you have to have specific cycling shoes and pedals. Here's a look.
Let's go full circle - full circle pedalling is the best way to increase your power while cycling. http://twotri.com/2013/04/how-to-pedal-with-power/

Endurance, fitness and weight loss are also important. Weight loss is the number one thing they recommend for hill climbing improvement.
This is gonna hurt - but it'll be worth it! http://www.bicycling.com/training-nutrition/training-fitness/hill-charges-climb-stronger

Here are some more tips I learned about hill climbing. . .


I'm open to further suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment